Updated Tuesday 8th March 2022
On Thursday 24th February 2022 the UK Government removed all Covid-19 legal restrictions and instead have asked the public to practice specific space and responsible behaviours as the primary means of stopping the spread of the virus. We want to keep you updated on our services and what to expect when you stay with us in 2022:
- Above everything else, we ask everyone to continue being respectful and considerate towards each other, and even though there are no legal restrictions in place, if you have any issues or concerns during your stay, please speak to Steve or Karen and we will be happy to help.
- Face covering are now a personal choice and we have no requirements in place asking you to wear one when moving around the hotel. If you wish to wear a face mask and have forgotten your own, we do have a limited stock available, just ask Steve or Karen.
- Check in is from 15:00 and check out is no later than 10:30 on your departure day.
- We are no longer required to collect any additional contact details for NHS Test & Trace.
- We have lots of hand gel around the hotel so please use these regularly.
- Breakfast is one sitting served between 08:30 and 09:30, please let us know at check in if you have any special dietary requirements or allergens.
- Our bar is open from 17:30 until 23:00 (last orders is between 22:30 & 22:45) and our bar menu is available from 18:00 until 19:30.
- We are not servicing rooms on stays less than 4 nights, full details on our room servicing can be found in our Guest Information Pack.
IMPORTANT: Covid-19 & Our Cancellation Policy
We no longer accept Covid-19 infection or self isolation as a reason to waive any cancellation fees, please ensure you have the appropriate travel insurance cover in place if you want to avoid these costs. You can cancel your booking with us free of charge up to 7 days before your arrival date, after that you will be charged the full amount for your stay.
We have been awarded the Visit England ‘We’re Good To Go’ and the AA ‘Covid-19 Confident marks. Acquiring these industry standard awards means that The Headlands Hotel has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We have done everything we can to keep ourselves and our guests as safe as possible, however we cannot make any guarantees with regards to Covid-19, therefore by choosing to stay with us, this is your acknowledgement and acceptance that we cannot be held responsible for any issues related to Covid-19 that you may experience during or after your visit to Scarborough.
If you have any questions at all, you can use our contact page to get in touch with us directly.