”Book with confidence, your data is safe with us”
The Headlands Hotel is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and any personal identifiable information that we collect will only be used to create, manage and process your booking with us.
What data we collect
At the time of making a booking with us the following information will be collected.
- Full name of the lead booker, and/or full names of all other guests linked to the booking.
- Contact details of the lead booker which includes, full postal address, post code, telephone number.
- Debit or Credit Card details of the lead booker.
- We are fully PCI compliant and no card details are stored on any of our computer hardware and are never written down manually for processing.
- Our booking system is freetobook.com and all debit & credit cards are stored fully encrypted and are validated by stripe.com.
- Information on a persons special dietary needs, arrival and check out dates.
- We offer free Wi-Fi which does not require any identifiable credentials to access, however, we collect device information such as IP & MAC Addresses and the times the devices were connected to our network. Connection to our free Wi-Fi requires a guest to manually connect, a device does not connect automatically.
How we use the data
- To process and manage your booking with us.
- To contact the lead booker with specific information relating to the booking that was made, for example, guest information, follow up on special requests made and a post check out email to check on the quality of stay and request the lead booker to leave a review using Google or TripAdvisor where the review will be published.
- We will only send emails relating to special offers to contacts that have signed up to our mailing list, and every email that is sent has an unsubscribe option that can be used at anytime to stop receiving such emails.
- The contact details of the lead booker will remain attached to the booking and can be retrieved if further bookings are made to simplify the booking process and to report on guest loyalty.
- We never disclose any guest information to any third party.
- All guest information is stored on a 3rd party system or on a device with multi factor authentication and the appropriate physical protection in place.
- Our website provides links to external sites, these are used at your own risk and we are no longer responsible for any activity or information given to those websites as part of your visit to those sites.
How we store data
- Guest information is stored on one or more of the following:
- Physical device located at the hotel, accessed via 2 factor authentication and appropriate physical security measures.
- Note: No credit or debit card information is stored on a physical device.
- Note: All files relating to bookings are synchronized and stored withing Microsoft 365.
- 3rd party booking system, freetobook.com and booking.com
- 3rd party card processing providers stripe.com and globalpay.com
- 3rd party marketing engine, mailchimp.com if a guest has signed up to receive our marketing emails.
- When you visit our website for the first time, you will be asked to accept or decline the usage of cookies.
- Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or device by a website server.
- These cookies help us to analyse the traffic to our website, webpages and links and helps us to review, improve and update our website.
- Cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.